Grand Traverse Container is a leading producer of corrugated paper products in the state of Michigan. We are looking for a maintenance technician with a proven track record to join our 1st shift team in our Grand Rapids location. The maintenance technician responds to all machine and/or system failures by effectively troubleshooting and completing or scheduling the repairs. The maintenance tech is also responsible for scheduling preventative maintenance to ensure all machines are functioning safely and efficiently. The candidate must have an understanding of electronics, electricity, pneumatic, hydraulics and mechanics. Previous experience with flexographic printers and die cutters is preferred.
Candidates should have a working knowledge and experience with:
- Previous repair and maintenance (machine mechanical / electrical / hydraulics) required – at least 5 years’ experience preferred
- Performs preventive maintenance inspection (PM) diagnose, repair, and rebuild major equipment/components including but not limited to balers, conveyors, hydraulic power packs, diverters, compressors, motors, glass breakers, fans, pumps, forklifts, and building equipment.
- Thorough knowledge of pneumatic, hydraulic, electro-mechanical and other automation devices required
- Ability to read plants, prints, sketches and use those to direct fabrication or repair
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members (bilingual is a plus)
- Strong analytical and technical skills
- Teamwork and problem solving skills are a must
- Requires a flexible schedule being able to work overtime, odd and unscheduled hours as required and share on-call duties
- Ability to lift up to 40lbs
- Ability to stand, bend or kneel for long and short periods of time
- Pre-employment drug screen required
This is a full time position at a great company with good wages and an excellent benefit package.