Machine Operators Assistant
To assist in the operation of various machinery to produce specific products in accordance with specs, instructions, measurements or prototypes. A degree of skill, technique and mechanical knowledge is required. May be assigned to different types of machines as production needs require.
Duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned as business demands.
- Load and unload materials onto or into machine by pushing, pulling, lifting, or stacking, either by hand or with equipment provided.
- Move levers, pedals, plates, dials, blankets etc. to operate machines
- Replace and or clean worn parts such as guides, cutting tools and brushes
- Inspect material and reports defective materials or questionable conditions to the lead operator implements ISO procedures as directed.
- Follow prescribed safety regulations at all times
- Attach identifying tags or labels to materials, bales or other containers
- Relate with all co-workers and customers in a congenial manner
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition
- Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Basic comfort with mechanical applications to become familiar with basic machine functions
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one or two step instructions
- Must read and follow written instructions and add and subtract simple fractions
- Ability to work in independently or in teams while maintaining a favorable working relationship with other company employees
- Regularly required to stand, stoop, kneel and/or crouch
- Capable to lift or move 25 lbs and occasionally lift and move up to 50 lbs.
- Occasionally required to climb or balance.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls: reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Grand Traverse Container is a manufacturing plant using corrugated paper. The work is performed in a shop environment. Workers are regularly exposed to dust, odors, noise and variable temperatures. The employee works with moving mechanical parts and machinery.
EDUCATION: Graduation from high school or GED equivalent preferred. One (1) year relevant experience or any equivalent combination of education and experience that demonstrates the ability to do the job.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Grand Traverse Container is an equal opportunity employer.