GTC – Customer Service
Customer Service Representative
Employee Class: Non-Exempt
Reports to: General Manager
PRIMARY PURPOSE: Maintain effective customer relations through prompt and efficient service, exercising judgment necessary to process customer orders, work with customers on forecast accuracy, and schedule delivery. Serves as liaison between customers, sales reps, production and shipping personnel. Overtime is occasionally required as is occasional flex of schedule.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: Duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned as business demands.
- Create detailed specs and print cards for parts according to ISO procedures.
- Create or obtain quotes as needed.
- Process and distribute orders received from customers via phone, fax, and email or company personnel.
- Make changes to or cancel orders/backorders and communicates changes to the team.
- Inform customers of prices, shipping date, anticipated delays and any additional information needed by the customer.
- Receive, investigate and respond to all customer inquiries regarding shipments, products and complaints by implementing ISO procedures.
- Create purchase orders for necessary materials.
- Compile statistics and prepare various reports for management.
- Maintain customer files.
- Assist with answering house phones as needed.
- Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Strong communication, planning and organization skills
- Capability to read and interpret documents such as design specs and related ISO documents
- Mathematical ability to calculate figures and amounts such as percentages, costs, proportions
- Exhibit excellent phone etiquette
- Ability to think strategically, problem solve with a customer first focus
- Proficiency with MS Office products and other computer software
- Ability to multi-task, work independently, and prioritize workload in fast paced environment
- Employee is regularly required to walk and talk and hear, stand and sit.
- Communicate on telephone and computer
- Vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision,\
- depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Grand Traverse Container is a manufacturing plant using corrugated paper. This work is performed in an office environment however often workers can be exposed to dust, odors, noise when in the shop area.
EDUCATION: Two (2) year degree or three (3) year relevant customer service experience or equivalent combination of education and experience that demonstrates the ability to do the job.
QUALIFICATIONS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals Self motivated with strong drive to achieve results.