To operate company owned and leased gasoline or diesel powered semi tractor trailers. To transport and deliver products, materials or equipment in loose or packaged form by performing the following duties.
Duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned as business demands.
- Perform required inspections of truck, trailer, equipment and supplies such as tires, lights, brakes, gas, oil, and water.
- Drives truck into position to load or unload.
- Verifies load against shipping papers.
- Drives truck to destination.
- Provide outstanding customer service during delivery and pickup operations
- Prepares receipts for load picked up.
- Collects payment for goods delivered and for delivery charges when directed.
- Maintains truck log according to state and federal regulations.
- Maintains telephone or radio contact with supervisor to receive delivery instructions·
- Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Thorough knowledge of traffic laws and defensive driving.
- Maintain all required certifications required by MDOT and company safety programs
- Ability to drive with double clutch shifting, semi tractor with attached 53″ trailers
- Skill in safe operation of tools and equipment.
- Ability to safely drive various vehicles under varying weather conditions.
- Ability to perform heavy manual tasks under varying weather conditions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with employees, supervisors and the general public.
While performing the duties of their job one is required to
- See, sit, talk and hear.
- Use feet and hands to handle, feel, operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms.
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Vision requirements include close , peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch crawl and walk.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Grand Traverse Container is a manufacturing plant using corrugated paper. Workers are regularly exposed to dust, odors, noise and variable temperatures. Drivers may be occasionally exposed to seasonal weather conditions, vibrations, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals while fueling.
Graduation from high school or GED equivalent preferred.
One (1) year relevant experience or any equivalent combination of education and experience that demonstrates the ability to do the job.
Qualifications: CDLA required. Must meet DOT physical and medical specifications. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.