Grand Traverse Container is looking for an experienced packaging engineer to join our team in the Grand Rapids facility. This position works to develop, implement and evaluate customer packaging design needs for new packaging and/or to improve existing items. Must be able to perform in a detailed, multi-task, fast paced environment providing technical designs for corrugated paper i.e. folding cartons, reels, partitions, 3 dimensional renderings, etc.
This position requires the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Packaging Engineer/Design
- Strong and effective communication skills to relate with sales team, CSR’s, vendors, production staff
- Superior attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong math skills, ability to calculate percentages, columns, ratios and design concepts
- Experience with cutting dies and flexographic print plates,
- Effective understanding of mechanical machine allowances and capabilities of corrugated machinery
- Extended experience with computer design
- Amtech and/or Kiwi experience
- Minimum of 3 years experience with corrugated design
Job Type: Full-time